Monday, February 23, 2015

Technology Literature Circle

I had never participated in a real life technology literature circle until I began this class. I found it to be both an enlightening and challenging experience. The literature  circle was enlightening because I never knew that it composed of so many different elements. It was interesting to learn about Ho Chi Minh City in Vietnam, (I chose to do my literature circle on Artemis Fowl). I have read the Artemis Fowl series, but it has been awhile since I read the first book in the series. When I completed the Discussion sheet, (page 1 of the role sheets), it was like I was looking at the series with a fresh pair of eyes. I had to read through the chapter several times in order to create the questions needed for the group discussion.

One thing that made the literature circle challenging is that I was my own group. Since this class is online, I was responsible for each individual piece of information. There were 8 sheets total, and some of them took longer than others to complete. Although the entire assignment took several hours to finish, I enjoyed the overall experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment