Friday, February 20, 2015

Audiobook Process Review

Audiobooks are a great way to listen to your favorite books when you don't have time to sit down and read a huge novel. You can purchase or rent books in various formats, (such as books on tape, books on CD, or digital downloads from the Internet), and many bookstores and public libraries provide them for everyone to enjoy. It's a great way to catch up and "read" whether you are at home or on the go.

As I mentioned in a previous post, I recently downloaded the audio versions of the first 2 books in the Kingdom Keepers series by Ridley Pearson. I am already familiar with the entire series, since I own printed copies of all of the books. However, I also enjoy listening to the audio. As a graduate student and a part-time substitute teacher, I don't always have time to myself to read for pleasure, unless I am reading something on my phone. That's why I'm glad that I decided to download these 2 books. I received my own Amazon Kindle Fire HDX for my birthday, so I can bring them with me wherever I go. I often enjoy listening to music on the Internet when I am working on assignments for school because I find that it helps me to relax and concentrate better on whatever it is I am working on. Now, I can also listen to one of my audiobooks while I am working. My new Amazon Fire phone came with a set of ear buds, so if the rest of my family is watching television or talking, I can plug them into my Kindle and listen to my audiobooks without disturbing anyone.

Audiobooks are the way of the future. In the classroom, they would be a wonderful resource that teachers can use if they have students with visual processing difficulties. You can find audiobooks for almost any kind of book for people of all ages. Multiple genres are available, and some textbooks even come in audiobook format. What audiobooks have you listened to?

No comments:

Post a Comment