Sunday, January 25, 2015

Reading Activity Part 2

For my audiobook activity, I downloaded the first 2 books in the Kingdom Keepers series by Ridley Pearson on to my Amazon Kindle Fire HDX. I own printed copies of the entire 7-book series already, so I am familiar with the story. The series follows 5 Orlando teens who audition to become holographic guides at Walt Disney World. At night when they are asleep, they crossover into the theme parks as their holograms. (Their bodies are still at home in their beds.) Their mission is to prevent the Disney villains, (called the Overtakers), from stealing all of the good magic from the parks. This series is a must read for any Disney fan who has ever wondered what happens when the parks are closed and the lights go out.

The audiobook versions of Kingdom Keepers: Disney After Dark and Kingdom Keepers: Disney at Dawn are complete and unabridged versions of the novels. The audio is clear and easy to understand. Some chapters are longer than others, so it takes the narrator a certain amount of time to read. The narrator reads at a pace that is slow enough for the reader to comprehend but in a way that prevents them from being bored. Currently, I am on Chapter 8 of the first book. I plan on listening to some more as soon as I get a little bit of free time away from school and work.


No comments:

Post a Comment