Thursday, February 3, 2011

School on President's Day

Ok so here's something that really sucks. If you are a University of North Florida student, then you probably already know that we have to go to school on February 21st, which is President's Day. I only found out about this a few days ago, because I thought we had it off last year. So why I am upset, you may ask? I'll tell you why. My family and I have Annual Passes to Universal Orlando, and we were planning on going back the weekend of the 19th through the 21st for Mardi Gras as a way of celebrating my mom and my grandpa's birthdays. Originally, we were going to leave Saturday morning and come home late Monday afternoon, which was perfect because where I work, (the Jacksonville Public Library), I am off that day because we are closed. Now, my mom and I have to get up early Monday morning and go straight to school. My first class starts at 10 am. I am glad we are still going, even if we are not staying on property. We had this same "problem" when we went back in December, because we waited too late to make our reservations. We ended up having to stay in one of the hotels across from Universal, and then walk across the street to get to the parks. It's not as bad as it sounds though. I enjoyed the long walk, and all ten of us got plenty of exercise that weekend! Looks like I will have more than enough steps for Ospreys on the Move two weeks from now! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment