Friday, February 18, 2011

Water Conservation

Today in class, we had a guest speaker from the St John's River Management company. She was there to talk to us about water conservation, as well as some ways to find water in other sources. I found her presentation to be very informative. I knew that we get our water from aquifers, but I didn't realize that they absorb fresh water like a sponge, leaving room for salt water to be brought to the surface. This was a surprising fact to learn! Also, I had no idea that the "mandatory" watering rules only had consequences if you were visited more than once by the city's water management people. Only then can you be fined. I wish that we had been able to hear the rest of our speaker's presentation, but, sadly our class is only 50 minutes long, and we ran out of time.

No comments:

Post a Comment