Thursday, February 10, 2011

Even the X-Men Care About the Planet!

Hello everyone! I can't believe we are already at mid-terms! This semester has gone by really fast! I've decided to switch gears a little bit to make my blog more exciting. In class, everyone has to present something about Chapter 2 of the Living Green book tomorrow. My group, (clean energy), is focusing on the 7 Steps to Sustainable Eating. To make it more fun, we are incorporating the X-Men characters. Each one will represent a different step. For example, Storm filters her own water. Or, Wolverine cuts out fried and processed foods. You get the idea, right? To see the rest of them, just come to class tomorrow. You are in for a treat!

How many of you have your own filter at home? Don't be shy. Not very many, huh? That's not a huge issue, but it's one you might want to consider. Not only does filtering your own water from the tap save water bottles, but it also saves water and eliminates many harmful bacterias that can make you sick. Do you honestly know where your water comes from? Think about it for a second: some animal has probably done his business in the same river that flows through your pipes! Gross! I'll admit that I don't have a water filter at home, and we still drink bottled water, but that's because of the expense. Money is pretty tight these days. However, where I live, our water is filtered before we even turn on the faucet. Maybe I will try something new though. What about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment