Monday, March 30, 2015

Feyland The Dark Realm (Feyland Trilogy Book 1) Ebook Review

The Ebook I chose for this review is titled, Feyland: The Dark Realm. It is the first book in the Feyland Trilogy by Anthea Sharp. The book is about a computer game called Feyland, which turns out to be a portal to the Faerie Realm. A 15 year old girl named Jennet is the very first person to play the prototype of the games. It's all fun and games until the game comes to life and Jennet finds herself fighting for her life against the Dark Queen...

The story is very fast paced and grabs the reader's attention from beginning to end! The prologue alone paints a picture in the mind that makes you feel as if you are inside the video game. The Dark Queen is a terrifying villain whom I would definitely not want to cross paths with or get angry! She is not your average fairy princess!! I can't wait to read the rest of the trilogy to find out what happens next!!

I downloaded the novel on my Kindle Fire HDX tablet that I got for my birthday this year. It is available for free in the Appstore or the Books tab on the Kindle and other tablets. To find it, I searched for Free Kindle Ebooks under the Young Adult Sci-Fi/Fantasy section in the Library of books available. There are hundreds of thousands of titles to choose from, and I look forward to downloading more books!

I enjoyed the experience of reading a novel on my Kindle, although I sometimes still prefer to read a regular book. What I do love about Ebooks and tablets is that you can download as many as you want and carry them around with you without worrying about them taking up space in your bag, Tablets also make it easier to read at night because the screens light up. I think this would help students with special needs see the text better.

Tablets and Ebooks are a great way to integrate technology into the classroom when it comes time for reading lessons. As I mentioned before, the screen usually lights up on the device you have which makes it easier to see what you are doing. You can also highlight sections of text, bookmark pages, and change the size and style of the font. These features will help students with special needs, such as learning disabilities and visual processing difficulties, comprehend what they are reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment