Friday, March 4, 2011

Food Inc

After watching the first part of Food Inc, I am both shocked and appalled at what goes into our food and where it comes from. I knew that some animals were kept in factories, but I had no idea that the problem was this bad. I didn’t know that most of them are being fed corn which makes the meat contain high fructose corn syrup. I am horrified by the way these animals are being treated before they are sent to the slaughterhouses. Where I live, my landlord owns three cows, and I have never seen him do anything to harm them. They mostly eat grass, and occasionally, he gives them some hay. Sometimes, we give them bread that has gone stale. After awhile, my landlord rakes all of the manure across the cow the cow pasture with his tractor so the grass always stays green and nutritious.

No comments:

Post a Comment